Kean Miller Kitchen: Texas Chili
Serving Size: 12
Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs. any kind of ground meat
- 2 whole onions, chopped
- 23 oz. can Ranch-style beans (pinto beans or Bush’s “chili” beans work well)
- 2 – 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 – 16 oz. cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- Green chiles – diced (approx. 5 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced
- Brown meat with chopped onion. Drain off grease.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large pot and cook over medium heat for 1 hour, then simmer for 2-3 hours (the longer, the better as the flavors grow and the chili thickens).
- This can also be done in a crock pot. Put everything in before work and let it go all day.
- The chili is great on its own, but I prefer to eat it on top of sausage or a burger with shredded smoked Gouda and chopped or diced white onions.